Going on a vacation or an official trip? Want to send those automated “out of office” auto replies from your Gmail account? Well, you don’t need to look for third party apps or plugins. Google now has it’s own auto-responder.
Google Labs has come out with yet another new feature in GMail called Canned Responses. As reported in the Official Google Blog, you can now save a reply as a canned response, and can choose this response as a reply to the future e-mails you will be getting.
How to create Auto reply (canned response) in Gmail?
So, here is how to create
Canned Responses (Gmail has now rebranded it as Vacation Responder),
- Click on Settings (gear icon) on upper right hand corner of your Gmail inbox page.
- Under the General tab, look for “Vacation Responder” section with On and Off radio buttons. Make sure Vacation Responder On is selected.
- Enter appropriate subject and message body text.
- Choose the dates it goes live and ends (optional).
- Also note that you can have Gmail send automatic replies only to people in your address book by checking Only send a response to people in my Contacts option
Additionally, you can provide some useful details in the Message box like alternate mode of contact or contact details of a colleague who can be reached in your absence.