It’s been more than a month since I shifted from the crappy shared hosting from Lunarpages to amazing VPS Hosting from Knownhost. The journey has been pretty awesome till now.
Advantages of VPS hosting over Shared Hosting
- Faster than shared hosting: significantly fewer people share a webserver, since everyone must get their guaranteed resources. If someone else uses 100 percent of their CPU time in their VPS, that does not affect on you.
- Growth path – You can instantly increase the memory or cpu resources of your VPS hosting plan
- Burstable – You can get more resources when you need them.
- Manageability – You can manage your virtual completely isolated VPS with a control panel like cPanel/Plesk.
- Your website files are totally isolated from everyone.
- You can reboot your isolated CentOS server, without affecting others sharing your webserver.
- The support team normally knows what they are supposed to do and the turn-around time is generally very less.
If you are looking for a good, reliable, cheap VPS host with awesome support & Sales team, you can look at KNOWNHOST. This is where I am hosting my VPS from and they have been really great right from moving my website from Lunarpages to optimizing the webserver and mysql database configurations.
Finer points of Shared Hosting