Mozilla has released an Open Source Music Player called SongBird. It is a customizable music player that’s still under active development. Mozilla is still playing safe by saying the music player is still needed to be implemented with all the ideas they have, but still the current list of features are impressive enough to try out.
Killer Features of Mozilla SongBird Music Player
- Media Importing – Add media to Songbird by importing from your file system or iTunes.
- Media Playback – Songbird supports MP3, FLAC, and Vorbis on all platforms; WMA and WMA DRM on Windows; and AAC and Fairplay on Windows and Mac.
- Cross Platform – Songbird runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Web Browser – Songbird includes an integrated web browser with features like bookmarking, tabbed browsing, and more.
- Smart Playlists – Create dynamic playlists that automatically update based on criteria you set.
- Custom UI – Make Songbird your own by choosing from dozens of different feathers (skins).
- Library Management – Browse, organize, sort and search your media.
and many more
It will soon have CD ripping with multiple encoding capabilities, Video integration and many more exciting features. You can check their Roadmap to have a peek on all those exciting features. I can’t wait to get a hands-on Songbird, keep plugged in for an exclusive review very soon!