Just a week back, Google announced that they are offering over a million of public domain books in EPUB format, which is supported by Sony’s Daily edition reader and Amazon’s Kindle.
Google Book Downloader is a free utility that lets you download any book that’s available in “full view” from Google Books. Of course, most of these books also feature download links right on the web page, but Google Books Downloader lets you queue up multiple jobs and convert all of the downloaded books to PDF files.
The application is available for Windows and requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. You can either install Google Book Downloader or download a portable version which you can simply unzip and run from your hard drive or a removable disk.
* Download any book from Google Books marked as ‘Full view’
* Partially download any book from Google Books marked as ‘Limited preview’
* Access to any book available only for US citizens (More Instructions)
* Searching for hidden pages (not indexed by Google Books)
* Convert ebooks from EPUB to PDF format