This is a Guest post from Dean Gannon
Did you ever forget your USB Stick at your home, office or any other place before leaving when you need it most? Then here is a free tool for you which won’t let you forget your USB Stick next time!
This free tool is a Vbscript called pcwUnstick, from PC WELT, a German computer magazine. The script opens a pop up window every time you try to shut down your computer and USB drive is still plugged in so that you don’t forget to take your USB Drive with you.
How to use pcwUnstick script
- Download pcwUnstick script from HERE
- Run the Exe File
- A pop up window would open as shown in figure, click ‘ok’
- After that, a Win-zip self extractor will open and ask your permission to extract the script files. Click “Extrahieren” as shown in the following figure. Then, all files would be stored in C:\pcwelt by default.
- Now go To Run and type gpedit.msc, it will open the Group Editor Policy.
- After that go to User Configuration->Windows Settings->Scripts
- Now double click Logoff and a Pop-up Window would open, then click show files and go to the location where you have saved the scripts file.
- Now drag and drop the pcwUnstick.vbs from C:\pcwelt to this folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff and click Add.
- Then browse for pcwUnstick.vbs and click OK.
- Now pcwUnstick.vbs is successfully installed on your computer and you would start getting pop up every time you try to shut down your computer with your USB drive plugged in.
This is a guest-post by Dean Gannon, who is a computer geek and owner of Fortepromo, which manufactures high Quality Custom Flash Drives and Promotional Flash Drives for companies to promote their brands in the market.