Megavideo is undoubtedly one of the most popular video sharing websites on the web currently. You find that most of the episodes of popular TV shows, documentaries and movies are uploaded on Megavideo. Sometime back we had seen different Megavideo Hacks which allowed users to bypass the 72 minutes restriction (which is 51 minutes now) set by Megavideo.
Though Megavideo has Download option, it isn’t Free. Only premium users who pay for the service are entitled to download the video files from Megavideo. Luckily, I came across a slick utility which lets me download video files for episodes of my favorite TV shows and loads of films on Megavideo right onto my PC for free!
How to Download video files from Megavideo?
2. Most of the websites will contain links to the episodes shared on Megavideo. It can be any other video sharing site as well, but don’t worry, the same method works there as well.
3. When you’ve found a good link to the video you want, click on it.
4. When the video has started to stream look for “//” on the bottom of the media player and click on it. That will provide you with the URL of the video.
5. Copy the URL. Then go to ClipNabber. Now, paste the URL into the box as shown and click ‘Nab It’.
6. For Megavideo, there is an additional step. You would need to paste the video page’s source code onto the box as shown in the screenshot below. To find the source code, simply go to the video’s page. Right-click outside of the video player and select the option to view the page’s code.
7. Select all of the code and paste it into ClipNabber. Then click ‘Nab It’ again. This will bring up a download link. Click on that to download the video.
8. Once downloaded, you will have a .FLV file which can be played on media players like VLC and Real player.
That’s it!! Enjoy!