It is already Day 7 of TechPP Mega Christmas Giveaway and the response has been pretty great so far. After 6 days of giveaways for 6 different products, which included SnagIt, IDM, SUPERAntiSpyware, we now have the best Music management software available in the market – MediaMonkey Gold v3.2.
MediaMonkey Gold gives you all the tools you need to manage large music collections. Unlike many other related software in its niche, MediaMonkey is light on your system’s resources and has virtually anything you would like to see in a music management software. We have 20 Free licenses of MediaMonkey Gold up for grabs. All you need to do is follow some simple rules mentioned at the end of the post.
MediaMonkey Gold: An All-in-one Music Manager
The installation is lightening fast and on launching it for the first time it scans your hard disk for all the songs and arranges it for you as shown below. Music that is discovered that way will be automatically archived in various categories according to their tags. All files without tags will be moved into unknown folders.
The sorting of music is based on Location, Artist, Composer, Album, Genre, year and rating. All these parameters can be edited and removed if you desire. Even the columns on the main panel are editable with options to add new ones and remove existing ones.
The flexibility offered makes it easy to personalize the music organizer and easier to find the songs you like to listen to. The search bar is placed strategically and is super fast. As you’d expect, you can also add tags (and the software offers to autotag by filename or via the Web), download album information from the Freedb service and play and burn your music from within the application itself.
What’s going to make the software especially useful to many is the way that it seamlessly syncs with portable music players such as the iPod, iRiver etc. This essentially means that you can import your playlist like iTunes playlist with minimal effort.
This is hardly 25% of what it is capable of doing. Here’s a quick feature overview from the site:
- Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface
- Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata
- Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down
- Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume
- Record CDs into OGG, MP3, FLAC and WMA files
- Convert MP3s, OGG, FLAC and WMA files into other formats with the Audio Converter
- Synchronize with iPods / MP3 players effortlessly and convert tracks on-the-fly
- Party Mode, which allows users to make requests while protecting your library from being modified.
There’s a freeware version or you can pay US$19.99 for the “Gold” version ($39.99 for a lifetime license to all future updates). The commercial features include:
- Increased Speed CD Burning
- File Monitor (automatically updates library)
- Advanced Searches and AutoPlaylists
- Advanced Portable Device Synchronization with on-the-fly format conversion (list of devices supported)
- Unlimited MP3 encoding
- Virtual CD / Previews
- Advanced Filters
- Sleep Timer
MediaMonkey Gold – Free License Giveaway
We have 20 Free licenses of MediaMonkey Gold to be given away. All you need to do is answer one of the questions below while leaving a comment in the form. Make sure you enter your Full Name and a valid eMail address, since we will be sending the licenses to the winners via email directly.
- Which music management utility you currently use? OR
- What you like in MediaMonkey Gold?
Contest is open for 24 hours and closes at 11:59 CET (3rd Dec 2009). Our partner site, Ghacks is also giving away 25 Free licenses of MediaMonkey Gold. Make sure you check them out and enter their giveaway as well so that you increase your chances of winning a free license!
Winners: Christian Noer, Lee, Sujay, José Tavares, GG, Karl, Gary, luisc, Morb, EnPassant, Brent, jhapa, bhong, joe schmoe, Alok, Tal, Marc Laberge, Bernard, Joe R