DAEMON Tools Pro is an advanced software for DVD/CD multimedia emulation that will also help users to easily create DVD/CD images, create a virtual CD / DVD drives and play CDs & DVDs without the need for the physical disc and supports virtual SCSI and IDE adapters. Also included is a Virtual DVD-ROM drive (Generic DVD-ROM) enabling you to use your CD/DVD images as if they were already burned to CD.
For loading virtual disk drives, Daemon Tools is the best-known app around. It is able to emulate nearly all known copy protections on the market today. The application mounts ISO images to a virtual drive without having to burn them to a CD.
The name comes from Disk And Execution MONitor, meaning that the program runs the minor task of drive emulation, so that virtual CD and DVD files can run.
The list of file types supported by the pro version of this program is impressive.
– b5t (BlindWrite images)
– b6t (BlindWrite images)
– bwt (BlindRead images)
– ccd (CloneCD images)
– cdi (DiscJuggler images)
– cue (Cue sheets)
– iso (Standard ISO images)
– mds (Media Descriptor Files)
– nrg (Nero images)
– pdi (Instant CD/DVD images)
– isz (Compressed ISO images)
The app also converts discs into disc images, saving you the step of having to find a converter. Daemon Tools also features events logs, device and image property displays, encryption, and panel locking, so that you can fix in stone the user interfaces’ configuration.
Even the UI of Daemon Tools is impressive. It is simple to use and emulates the file explorer in Windows XP.
Daemon Tools Pro Advanced 4.35 : Key Features
- Graphical user interface [GUI] – to make mounting of CD/DVD images and other operations more convenient
- Capability to make CD/DVD images to back up your data
- Command line interface
- SCSI adapter emulation
- CD/DVD Image mounting to virtual devices
- CD/DVD Image compression
- CD/DVD Image mounting to the physical folders
- CD/DVD Image password protection
- CD/DVD Image collection’s management
- Shell Extensions
- System Tray Agent
- Virtual devices’ properties monitoring
- Perpetual software license
- Completely supports Windows 7
What I like about Daemon Tools?
1. Support for all major file formats – Daemon tools supports most of the image file formats (listed above) and thus it becomes convenient for you, as it doesn’t matter with which software you’ve created the image.
2. Plays even protected CD/DVDs – Daemon tools runs almost each and every protected cd image and supports Safedisk, Securom, Laserlock, Lockblocks, Starforce, CDCOPS & ProtectCD.
3. Low memory usage – Because of that simple UI, it uses very less memory.
4. Various 3rd party tools – There are various third party tools available as plugins for Daemon Tools which extend the power of the app. Though, as a normal user you might not need them, for professionals, they are definitely useful.
DAEMON Tools has 3 versions. DAEMON Tools Lite is the free version of the app, which is ad supported and has limited features. DAEMON Tools Pro Standard is the professional version but not advanced. It costs €24.90 for a single user license. DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced has all the features. You can compare the three versions here for better understanding. DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced costs €39.90 (around $60) for a single user license. You can right away download DAEMON Tools and check it out yourself.
DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced 4.35 – Free Licenses Giveaway
We are pleased to offer ten free licenses of DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v4.35.0307 which was released just yesterday! Each license costs €39.90 (around $60)! As always, you are required to comment below saying why you would need a license of DAEMON Tools. Feel free to let your friends, family, colleagues know about this as well.
Update: This giveaway is now closed. Winners are intimated by email
Winners: Leslie Winder, Maric Igor, Simran, joel, Andrew Johnson, Gonzo, John C, Diana Ringo, saiyan_shady, Damjan Draksic