If you are a gadget freak, prepare to drool over yet another cool smartphone, this time from Sony Ericsson! It is true that SE is struggling to get a proper foothold in the smartphone business against the biggies like Apple, Google, Palm & Blackberry. But, SE does manage to come out with some beauties every now and then. Just that, the final package doesn’t seem to be as impressive as the one promised.
This time though, Sony Ericsson believes they have all the right ingredients with their latest gizmo – Sony Ericsson Vivaz. This follows on from the Xperia X10 announced in November 2009, and is the second phone in the new family of communication entertainment phones coming to market in the first half of 2010. Sony Ericsson Vivaz will come to market in Q1 2010.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz – Features
The Vivaz has high quality HD video allowing consumers to produce and broadcast their experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features. Whoa! HD video recording on a mobile phone!
The open platform also allows users to personalise their entertainment experience by downloading great applications through PlayNow and the Symbian Developer Community.
SE Vivaz will have these features:
- HD video – produce and broadcast your best experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features
- Social networking – easy access to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- 8.1 megapixel camera – capture life’s moments in high quality
- Face and smile detection – a perfect picture every time
- Sony Ericsson Media Player
- 3D games
- Google Maps
- 8GB microSD card
Sony Ericsson Vivaz – Specifications
– 360×640 pixel
– 16,777,216 colour 16:9 nHD touchscreen (TFT)
– Phone memory 75MB
– SanDisk microSD™ (up to 16GB)
* Actual free memory may vary due to phone pre-configuration.
– GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
– UMTS/HSPA 900/2100
– Cosmic Black – Moon Silver – Galaxy Blue – Venus Ruby
Possible limited market availability.
– 107.0 x 52.0 x 12.5 mm
– 4.2 x 2.0 x 0.5 inches
– 97.0 gr
– 3.4 oz
Sony Ericcson Vivaz – Pricing
Two GSM versions of the Sony Ericsson Vivaz will be released in Q1 2010, one supporting AT&T’s 3G network and one supporting European and Asian 3G networks. A price tag or specific market availability has not yet been announced officially, but as per some sources it will be anywhere between 35-40k INR
Check out these demo videos. Impressive isn’t it?