Make no mistake about this. HTC Evo 4G from Sprint is a stunner! Reading through the specifications list made me wonder if I was going through my wish list for a perfect smartphone! Previously codenamed as “HTC SuperSonic”, this one will surely be much talked about phone in 2010.
Sprint announced that HTC Evo 4G will be launched in Summer 2010. Initial look at the hardware specs, makes it look similar to that of HTC HD2 but a detailed look will show the huge difference between the two. Higher memory, better battery, awesome camera, higher resolution and a bigger screen. Everything about this phone is a killer.
HTC Evo 4G – Specifications / Features
- Slogan – The ultimate multimedia experience at Sprint 4G speeds
- Manufacturer – HTC Corporation
- Carrier – Sprint [locked]
- Screen – 4.3-inch 480×800 TFT LCD with capacitive multi-touch screen
- Camera – 8 Megapixel autofocus with dual LED flash
- Second camera – 1.3 Megapixel, front-facing
- Operating system – Android 2.1
- Input – Multi-touch with HTC Sense interface
- CPU – Qualcomm QSD 8650 (Snapdragon), 1 Ghz
- Memory – 1 GB ROM, 576 MB RAM
- Memory card – 8 GB microSD (up to 32GB supported)
- Connectivity – CDMA2000/EV-DO Rev. A/4G WiMAX; 802.16e: 2500MMz; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g); Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP Stereo and EDR;
- Battery – Li-ion 1500mAh
- Physical size – 122 (4.8) x 66 (2.6) x 12.7 (0.5) mm (inch)
- Weight – 170 g (6.0 oz)
HTC Evo 4G will feature Hands-free Kickstand, Digital Compass, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light Sensor, GPS, A-GPS, Sprint Navigation with turn-by-turn directions and 3D maps, FM Radio, Friend Stream to integrate Facebook and Twitter into a single row of updates.
The fact that it comes locked with Sprint might be a sad news for many, but it will be able to connect to Sprint’s growing network of 4G access points which utilize WiMAX technology (802.16e) to enable high speed Internet connectivity with download speeds that are up to 10 times faster than 3G speeds. The device also includes built-in support for creating mobile hotspot on demand, allowing up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to connect to it and utilize Sprint’s 4G network while on the go.
HTC Evo 4G – Price & Availability
The availability and pricing remains a secret till now. All that Sprint has revealed is that the phone will be available this summer, but no mention of any date or the approximate price range as well. There are no news about the 4G data plans and pricing as well.
HTC Evo 4G – Video Demo
Check out this video demo of Sprint’s HTC Evo 4G