So what if iPhone OS 4.0 beta gets jailbroken, Apple has just released iPhone OS 4.0 Beta 2 and the accompanying SDK for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 3rd generation, and iPod touch 2nd generation developers. The build number for the new iPhone OS 4.0 beta2 software is 8A248c. If you want to jailbreak iPhone 4.0 or jailbreak iPod touch 4.0, please do not download any beta files as they may make it harder or even impossible for you to be able to jailbreak.
iPhone OS 4.0 download
The download comes as a 355MB .dmg. From what we’ve been told, it seems like there are a lot of fixes and some cool changes. Regarding multitasking, the time for task completion has been changed from 5 to 10 minutes. Now, we’re not sure if they have fixed the hole which let the hackers jailbreak iPhone OS 4.0 beta
- iPhone OS 4.0 beta (iPhone 3GS) – iphone_os_4_beta_iphone_3gs_8A248c.dmg (355 MB)
- iPhone OS 4.0 beta (iPhone 3G) – iphone_os_4_beta_iphone_3g_8A248c.dmg (284 MB)
- iPhone OS 4.0 beta (iPod touch 3rd gen) – iphone_os_4_beta_ipod_touch_3rd_generation_8A248c.dmg (344 MB)
- iPhone OS 4.0 beta (iPod touch 2nd gen) – iphone_os_4_beta_ipod_touch_2nd_generation_8A248c.dmg (210 MB)
– iTunes still doesn’t support folders synchronization.
– Various visualization fixes in Game Center.
– New way to choose a custom wallpaper.
– The music controls (with double press on the Home button) are back.
You must be a developer to get the iPhone OS 4.0 download.
Download iPhone OS 4.0 beta 2