Ever since Apple released iOS 4.0 GM candidate, we have seen the immediate release of PwnageTool bundles (unofficial) which claimed to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS. But the major problem with those unofficial PwnageTool bundles were that there were no unlocking tool available to unlock iOS 4.0 with baseband 04.26.08
Luckily, MuscleNerd of the iPhone dev team, the developer of UltraSn0w unlocking tool has released an updated version of UltraSnow (v 0.92.1). This modified version of ultrasn0w adds support for phones running iOS 4 GM with 04.26.08 baseband (phones upgraded with PwnageTool). Musclenerd has fixed the incompatibility issue of ultrasn0w and iOS 4 GM, and now this official patched version of ultrasn0w is available on a new Cydia repo, ” http://ios4.ultrasn0w.org “.
Unlock iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS Baseband 04.26.08 with ultrasn0w 0.92.1
1. Launch Cydia Installer from your Springboard.
2. Select the Manage tab at the bottom of the screen and select the large Sources button
3. Press the Edit button at the top right of the screen and then press the Add button at the top left of the screen.
4. Enter http://ios4.ultrasn0w.org as the source url and press the Add Source button.
5. Once the source has been added press Return to Cydia button
6. Select http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ from the list of user entered sources.
7. Press the Install button at the top right of the screen and click on Confirm.
8. After installation completes successfully press Return to Cydia button.
9. Restart the phone and you should now have an unlocked iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0 GM candidate!