Guest Post by Eric Woolf
When I first got into the blogger world, like most other people, I didn’t know where to start. And when I did write a great post that I spent a lot of time in, I was lucky to get one person to read it. Sometimes you feel like you’re writing for one. If this sounds familiar, then read these reasons and tips to more interaction with people across the web.
1. First, give it time and effort. It’s not easy starting out, especially as the internet gets bigger and bigger each day with more competition. Just as starting a new business takes a lot of work to brand and get customers, so does a blog or website, even if it isn’t used to make money. You need to focus on consistently writing great content and people will catch on after awhile.
2. Include pictures into your post to make the reading more appealing, even if the pictures are stock photos. Stock photos are better than nothing, but original are the best when they are targeted to what you’re talking about.
3. After writing a post, be sure to let you friend know about it on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace. Tell them to please retweet it or hit the share button. Ask them to do this each time you make a post. So if you have just 5 friends and 20 posts, you could have a 100 Facebook shares and 100 tweets about it across the web. Imagine how this can grow after your continuously write great posts.
4. Submit your great posts to multiple social bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, or Reddit. A lot of times, other bloggers appreciate great content and will link to it from their blog. This can help you gain recognition and readers to your site.
5. Through time, this will grow like crazy if you implement these strategies. Its continuous work, but it will pay off down the line if you monetize it with advertising or by selling products.
6. If your blogging with the WordPress blog platform, I recommend you install the free plugin called “Subscribe to Comments“. This is an amazing plugin that allows people to get email notifications after they submit a comment. So without any effort, the person who left a comment will get an email if anyone else leaves a reply after them. This can remind them to come back to your blog and helps build brand recognition for your site. And the more people that see your blog, the more likely it is for them to let their friends know about it which leaves me to my next point.
7. Like I said before, the more people you have coming to your site, the more likely it is for them to let other people know. That’s why it’s important to display some social media buttons or icons on your blog. This allows them to easily submit your post to social sites that they are registered to. One of them is AddThis.
I hope you liked my post and it will help as long as you have some patience, along with some hard work. It will become fun later on as you interact with more people.
This was a guest post written by Eric Woolf, a member of a small professional web design and Cincinnati search engine optimization company called Pixels & Dots. You can also share your tips by writing a guest article on TechPP.