There are multiple options when it comes to Screen capturing tools for Windows OS. Some of the best ones include SnagIt from Techsmith, Ashampoo Snap 3 or the Windows Snipping tool. Many people prefer the “in-browser” plugins like these screen capture tools for Firefox. But the desktop version has its own advantages and additional features and hence normally comes at a price.
SolidCapture is a simple screen capturing software which offers a decent variety of functionality for beginners and professionals alike. Using a hotkey or a button, you can copy a screen or part of a screen and send it to the clipboard, a file, or your favorite graphics application. The screen capture modes include ‘Full Screen’ which captures the entire visible screen area or ‘Window’ which captures a window or part of a window.
SolidCapture allws you to Edit, format, and share captures. It saves the captures in BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF, or PNG to open in a graphics program.
- Color Capture so you can magnify screen images, view numeric color values, and save color swatches. By rolling your mouse over a screen area you can see graphics and text up-close and check any color’s value in the format you prefer.
- Screen Resizing so that Web designers can view a browser window in different resolutions. You can switch back and forth between 1024×768, 800×600, and 640×480, ensuring that your Web site looks good in multiple sizes.
- A measurement display that lets you view the dimensions of any screen area in pixels. Using the Rectangle tool, you can check the size of any image on a screen.
All in all, a pretty basic screen capturing tool which is a handy utility to have for normal usage.
In order to get a free copy of Solid Capture (which otherwise costs $29.99) follow these simple instructions-
- Visit this promotional offer page
- Enter a valid email address and your name. Click Register to continue.
- Check your email inbox for the license key.
- Download Solid Capture from here and install.
- Use the license details you got in mail to register the product.