Facebook Places is a cool feature which was just introduced by facebook using which the users can share their current location or place with other Facebook friends. But then, for some of you, this feature sounds creepy and an invasion to your privacy. Well, if you are one of those, then here is a simple guide to turn off Facebook Places and save whatever privacy is left on Facebook.
Turn off Facebook Places
1. Login to your Facebook account and go to Account > Privacy Settings on top right.
2. Then click on ‘Customize Settings‘ link under ‘Sharing on Facebook‘ option.
3. On the next screen scroll down to “Things I share” section. Here look for “Places I check in“. Click on the dropdown box next to it and select ‘Only Me‘ option by clicking on ‘Customize’
4. Then click to uncheck (no tick) the checkbox next to ‘Include me in “People Here Now” after I check in’.
5. Then select ‘Disabled’ option next to “Friends can check me in to places” under “Things others share”.
Now you can breathe free and feel happy about your privacy!