As we informed just a while back, Greenpois0n was released by the Chronic dev team which uses the same bootrom exploit as Geohot’s Limera1n. Assuming you haven’t used Limera1n yet to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch, here is a step-by-step guide to help you jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.0 using Greenpois0n.
Please note that both Greenpois0n and Limera1n are confirmed to be working and only available for Windows OS, whereas Mac version of both is under development. Just like Limera1in, Greenpois0n will also won’t let you unlock your iPhone (as of now). So stay away if you require unlock until an unlocking tool is made available.
Greenpois0n supported devices – iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad.
[How to] Jailbreak iOS 4.1 using Greenpois0n
1. Download Greenpois0n for Windows.
2. Make sure your iPhone or iPod Touch is on iOS 4.1, if not, manually update it to iOS 4.1
3. Connect your iDevice to PC & power off by pressing sleep button.
4. Now start Greenpois0n and click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)” button & follow on screen instructions to put your iDevice in DFU mode.
5. If your iPhone/iPod Touch is in DFU mode and if Greenpois0n doesn’t detect it then again click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)” button of Greenpois0n and wait for it to detect.
6. Once Greenpois0n detects your iDevice in DFU mode, click on “Jailbreak” button and let it complete the jailbreak process.
7. A message will be displayed once Greenpois0n completes jailbreak process. Your iDevice will restart automatically.
That’s it! Your iPhone/iPod Touch is now jailbroken on iOS 4.1!