Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most popular and effective security tools available in the market. And today, Malwarebytes Anti-malware 1.5 has been released which is faster, smarter and better than ever before!
We did a quick hands on with the free version of MBAM 1.5. It hardly took a few seconds to start up and the quick scan was really quick. The best part was the resource usage of the tool. The memory consumption was minimal. Though it hogged up some memory at the beginning of the scan, it was quick enough to release it and very light from there on.
Malwarebytes claims that the scanning speed has increased by more than 500%. There’s also a host of new detection algorithms which allow MBAM to better detect all the real-world malware.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware protection module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.