HTC has brought on two brand new smartphones into the market. This time, this is not a competition between two giant rival manufacturers but a short analysis of two devices belonging to the same manufacturer. Let us see what these two smartphones have got to show.
HTC Thunderbolt offers a 4.3-inch WVGA display with a capacitive touch screen. You might need to remove your gloves when using this smartphone. Thunderbolt has an 8 MP Autofocus camera, equipped with two LEDs and it also incorporates a 1.3 MP front facing camera. The storage capacity is of 8 GB; users can enhance the memory by using the preinstalled 32 GB microSD. Thunderbolt uses a 1400 mAh battery which should guarantee a talk time of around 6 hours. The device uses a 1GHz, Qualcomm processor.
Droid Incredible 2 has a 4-inch display with a LCD WVGA capacitive touch screen. The 8 MP Autofocus camera uses a dual flash. Users can also record 720 p HD videos to share with friends. The device has a 768 MB RAM memory but it also incorporates a preinstalled 16 GB microSD. The battery is of 1450 mAh which allows a talk time of up to 6.5 hours and a standby time of about 7 hours. The excellent 1 GHz Snapdragon processor provides great speed and helps you say hello to the loading bar.
Both Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible 2 use the same Android 2.2 + HTC Sense UI, so there is no difference between the two from this point of view. It appears that both devices incorporate the same camera type, an 8 MP Autofocus dual flash main camera with an additional 1.3 front-facing camera. The surround sound system is used for both devices, thus leading to an excellent sound experience. Among the common special features, one can list the proximity/ compass/ light sensor or the IT Audio DSP.
Since I am not planning to describe two smartphones and continue to present only the common specs, let us now see what differences we can spot.
- With regards to the networks, Thunderbolt uses a LTE 700, CDMA EvDO revA system, whereas Droid Incredible 2 offers a wider range of choices (Globally enabled CDMA, 800/1900MHz + UMTS/HSPA to name just two). Therefore, Droid Incredible two connects you to the world, from Lima to London.
- If you want to buy a smartphone with a decent size display, than go to Thunderbolt because it has a 4.3-inch display (Droid Incredible 2 offers a 4 inch display).
- Need more memory? Thunderbolt lets you extend your phone memory by 32 GB, whereas Droid offers you only a 16 GB microSD.
- Also, Thunderbolt provides 4G speed so you can upload your photos instantly. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Droid Incredible 2; it is still lagging behind with its 3G speed.
- As for battery life, Droid is a bit better and provides a longer lasting battery (Thunderbolt 1400 mAh, Droid 1450 mAh).
- What about the price? Price is important too, isn’t it? Droid Incredible 2 has a lower price tag (249 $ for Thunderbolt vs. 199$ for Droid).
In a nutshell, if you are looking for 4G speeds, a bigger display or a bigger storage capacity, go for Thunderbolt. If you want a longer lasting battery, a globally enabled CDMA and you want to save 50 dollars, then go for Droid Incredible 2.