There is nothing more painful than a PC running slow. It is not always easy to pin point the process which is hogging the system memory and slowing down the PC. Yes, the default Windows Task manager provides you some information about memory usage and list of processes running, but it isn’t capable enough to easily fix the issue. This is where, AbpMon chips in.
AbpMon is a resizable and dockable toolbar for your desktop that graphically shows the most popular system information in real time:
- Total CPU(s), memory (physical, virtual, cache and swap) usage
- Data rates on local disks, network server/client, Dial-Up I/O
- TCP/IP, VPN in/out data rates
- Total number of User/GDI objects (in Windows 2000 or later)
- Free GDI/User (system) resources (in Windows 9x/ME)
- Total number of open Win32 handles (files, events and so on)
As you can see in the screenshot above, the UI isn’t the best we have seen in recent times, but it provides a magnitude of information in an easily comprehensible manner. It can show alerts from System tray about low resources or leaks like Low Virtual memory, Low GDI/USER Resource etc.
The best part of AbpMon is the ease with which you are able to free the RAM usage, clear clipboard contents, flush file cache, shutdown, restart, hibernate, force shutdown/restart and lock your computer, all of these right from the system tray!
AbpMon used to be a shareware before and was recently made free by it’s developer (IARSN). Go ahead and download AbpMon for free! It works on any Windows system – 95, 98, XP, ME, 2000, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7 (both 32 bit & 64 bit versions).