A recent study by Microsoft Advertising, MEC and Mindshare has shown an unique behavior of web users in India. The study was undertaken across 11 countries – Brazil, Canada, China, France, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Spain, United Kingdom and the US and focused on 7,000 participants aged between 16 and 54 years old.
Some of the most interesting facts from the study:
- 72% of the time spent online by Indians is planned, not spontaneous!
- 49% of Indians come online to communicate with others
- 35% come online to seek information
- Entertainment in the form of music, video and gaming is the motivation for going online for 22% of all online occasions
- 14% to create content in the digital space
- 12% for online transactions
- Majority of time spent online is habitual, with only 16% prompted by an event, conversation or offline media.
Below is an infographic released as part of the study. Click on it for a bigger and better image.
If you are interested to know more about the share, visit this link.