It was Steve Jobs & Apple who made it fashionable to quote the stats like devices sold, number of activations and number of apps available/downloaded. Andy Rubin & Google have taken up the cue and they make it a point to let us all know about the state of android ecosystem every now and then.
Here goes Andy’s latest tweet from MWC 2012:
At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.Enjoying watching the ecosystem at work.850k activations a day now!
— Andy Rubin (@Arubin) February 27, 2012
Android Ecosystem – Impressive Stats
Let me summarize the key stats from Google’s blog post for you:
- Android’s year-on-year growth rate is more than 250%
- 850,000 new Android devices are activated each day.
- More than 300 million android devices sold till now.
- More than 450,000 apps available on Android market, up from 150,000 during last year’s MWC
- Over 1 billion app downloads happen every month.
- Over 800 android devices launched till date.
Shocking? No. Impressive? Yes.