Attention folks! The Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams have collaborated to come out with Absinthe 2.0, the untethered jailbreak for the latest iOS 5.1.1 firmware. Absinthe 2.0 can jailbreak all iOS devices except the global version of the new iPad and the iPad 2,4 (32nm chip), which will soon be supported as well.
Note: This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY
Absinthe 2.0 supports these devices right now:
- iPad 1, iPad 2 (WiFi, GSM, CDMA), iPad 3 (Wi-Fi, GSM, CDMA)
- iPhone 46, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
Absinthe 2.0 is one of the easiest jailbreaks ever. But I’d still warn you about the risk of jailbreaking. Unless you understand completely about all the risks involved, it is better to stay away. Others can read on.
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings –> General –> Reset –> Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Download Absinthe 2.0 (links given below).
4. Open Absinthe 2.0 and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
5. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait. Be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken, return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up’ then select the latest backup you created before.
Download Absinthe 2.0
Download Absinthe 2.0 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Download Absinthe 2.0 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
Download Absinthe 2.0 Linux (x86/x86_64)