Every browser out there can be made a secure browser, be it Chrome, Firefox and even Internet Explorer. Safely storing your passwords with such services as Passwd.io and using a secure antivirus, be it free or paid should keep you safe during your online browsing sessions. But if you want some more security inside your browser, then maybe this short list will help you out.
There are enough antivirus softwares that offer browser security tips and even measures such as firewalls or secured connections. This short list covers 3 dedicated browser solution for even more online security. I am almost sure that we will see more such products appearing in the future, as the cyber threat grows bigger than ever. It’s pretty hard to say which of these is the best so there’s no clear winner in this list, as all represent worthy options.
Top 5 Browser with Advanced Online Security
You’ve heard about Comodo thanks to its secure authentication methods, often used on website that deal with financial accounts that require extra-security. To further show that they care for customers, Comodo has released the Dragon Internet browser. The browser is free and boasts with the following features:
- Privacy enhancements than those used in Chromium’s technology
- Has the ability to stop cookies and web spies
- Prevents download tracking for better privacy
This browser is for the uber-geeks out there and for system managers. This isn’t quite a browser in its full meaning, it actually works as a set of add-ons for your browser and it has its own settings tab. Dell Kace browser relies on virtualization technology. The biggest advantage is that any suspicious files inadvertently downloaded are contained within the Kace browser, leaving the OS untouched. Here are some more basic features:
- White and black lists to limit access to known good sites, or prevent access to known bad sites to further limit the risk of attack and infection
- View statistics related to the number of processes detected and blocked
- Rapidly reset any changes made during normal use back to their initial state, enabling easy recovery from infections or attacks
Provisio’s Site Kiosk has the official purpose of protecting public access computers and seems to be the perfect tool for those that own an Internet cafe. It has the same basic function as Dell’s Kace browser, meaning it tries to separate the activities performed on the browser from the operating system itself. Here is some more for your increased online security:
- SiteKiosk and SiteRemote allow you to log user activity following the URLs you specify
- SiteKiosk undergoes continous improvment after being under development for more than 10 years
- The software protects the operating system and system-critical folders against any kind of manipulation
Comodo IceDragon is no longer supported by Comodo, but it’s still available for download. The difference between the Comodo Dragon Internet browser and the IceDragon is that the first one is based on the Chromium technology and this one is based on the Mozilla core . And I tend to like this version better, maybe thanks to its impressive features:
- Comodo Secure DNS
- Site Inspector tool built into the browser
- Firefox bookmarks history, passwords and more can be imported into IceDragon
Use these browser with enhanced online security if you have sensitive details online, and as online banking evolves day by day, it’s better to be safe than sorry! I’ve personally used the Comodo IceDragon and was shocked to discover how many malicious files were passing undiscovered. That’s how I was able to protect my Twitter account and get rid of hackers. Security above all!