The word “big” becomes relative when it’s used for describing the storage space (or battery life) on a device, especially those produced by Apple. Although products like the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch have more than enough to supply a decent use, some applications usually take too much advantage of this space and create temporary files that may be stored too long.
This situation is mostly seen on desktop computers, but when the total amount of memory is a number around 16GB, every detail must be taken care of.
In order to fix this flaw we are going to make use of PhoneClean, a desktop application that can be installed on any Windows running terminal and then configured with every iOS device launched until the moment, including the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S, every edition of the iPod Touch and of course, the iPad/iPad 2 and the new model.
PhoneClean – deletes unnecessary files on iOS
The phenomenon is simple and it mostly affects devices with 16GB of storage space or lower, such as the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Once an application is installed, it may sometime store temporary files that accumulate over the time. These files are only used for a set period of time and once the application no longer needs them, it will forget about it and the user will end up with a device filled with unnecessary items.
Adding these to the usual collection of music, movies and pictures, why not optimize the memory space and forget about streaming to the iCloud, by using PhoneClean? In a few words, PhoneClean is a free Windows program that deletes all temporary files from any iOS device, without using complicated means like on the Galaxy S3. Its results vary from a few megabytes to several gigabytes, all depending on how well the user takes care of the gadget. And on top of all, it’s fairly easy to use.
How to use PhoneClean
- Download and install PhoneClean on the PC.
- Connect the iOS device using the USB cord.
- Let the software scan the device and it will display information related to the storage space.
- Now click on the Start Scan button to check for temporary files. Optionally, you can also check the “Keep offline files” on the device, to ensure that apps which frequently use the data to avoid internet usage will not be affected.
- Once the scanning is complete, hit the blue “Clean” button to get rid of unnecessary space.