The world is waiting for Windows 8 launch, but the guys in Redmond seem to care for Windows 7 users, as well. You can already download Internet Explorer 10 (Release Preview version) for Windows 7. I’m sure that people will gradually move to Windows 8 and Microsoft is well aware of that. The Windows 8 adoption will be started by those that will buy Windows 8 tablets or hybrids and will later on be sustained by folks that will install it as an alternative.
That’s why, Windows 7 remains a very important product for Microsoft, especially since it surpassed Windows XP in market share. Windows 8 will come with Internet Explorer 10, but Microsoft doesn’t want that to be a selling reason, so they’ve decided to released Internet Explorer 10 download links for Windows 7. Don’t forget that in Windows 8, Internet Exporer 10 will be app-connected.
Download Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7
At the moment, the download links are yet not available, but that can change from minute to minute and we will be sure to update the information provided once they become available. The page is already live, so this means the download links will be soon updated. On the download page, you will find versions for 36 languages (at the time of the writing). We will update the below links for the English version of Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7, as well as the update for Windows Server 2008.
- Download Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 32-bit
- Download Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 64-bit
- Download Internet Explorer 10 Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit
Update: Microsoft has removed that Download page as well. Not sure what’s happening here, but will update again, once we have more information.
Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 requirements
You won’t need a lot of horsepower to run Internet Explorer 10, but, still, for those that love to know everything they install and who care about their system, here are the requirements:
Processor: computer with a 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- Windows 7 32-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows 7 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit—512 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—512 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—512 MB
Hard drive space:
- Windows 7 32-bit—70 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—120 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—200 MB
Drive: CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM)
Display: Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
- Modem or Internet connection
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or a compatible pointing device