Much as we had expected, Rovio has released the much awaited Angry Birds Star Wars game for both iOS and Android devices. Over the years, Angry Birds has had a cult following amongst both iOS and Android users, and Rovio has consistently churned out variations of Angry Birds with considerable success. But with their Star Wars adaption, they seem to have hit a sweet spot, at least as per most of the tweets we can see right now.
Download Angry Birds Star Wars for iPhone, iPad, Android & WP8
Rovio has continued the tradition of releasing Angry Birds for ad-supported Free version & ad-free Premium version on Android. Download the free version here & the premium $2.99 HD version here. Please note that the HD version is exactly same as Free version, but comes without ads.
Windows Phone fans can celebrate as well, as Rovio has released Angry Birds Star Wars edition for WP8 as well! Here is the download link. Rovio says WP 7.5 users would have to wait for a while, as they are still testing out the game for compatibility.
Download Angry Birds Star Wars for Windows 8, Windows 7 & Mac OS X
Desktop users need not fret. Rovio has released Angry Birds Star Wars edition for PC & Mac as well. If you are a Windows 8 user, visit the Windows Store or click this link and follow the instructions. Windows 7 users can play Angry Birds Star Wars as well, thanks to Intel AppUp. Click here to download the game on Windows 7. If you’re a Mac user, download the game from Mac App store.
I played through 10 levels on my Android (LG Optimus Vu) phablet. Rovio has done a good job with the characterizations and the music. If you are a Star wars fan, you’re bound to love this Angry Birds game. The weapons, the lightsabers, the Han Solo’s blaster are all beautifully adapted by Rovio. At times, I missed the cute squeaks and noises of birds, but the Star Wars music made up for it. In case you are not a big Star Wars fan, it is tough to recommend the game, as the base concept remains same; angry birds attacking the bad piggies.
Here is the description by Rovio:
- HOURS AND HOURS OF ENGAGING GAMEPLAY – Explore more than 80 levels in iconic locations like Tatooine and the Pig Star. Can you dodge Imperial pigs, laser turrets, Tusken Raider pigs, and the dark side of the Force to get all three stars?
- NEW GAMEPLAY MECHANICS – Use lightsabers, Blasters and Jedi powers to wreak havoc on the Imperial Pigs!
- LEVEL UP YOUR BIRDS – Keep playing and level up your birds to improve their skills!
- SECRETS AND HIDDEN GOODIES – Can you unlock all the R2-D2 and C-3PO bonus levels?
- FREE UPDATES – This is only the beginning of the epic saga!
- THE MIGHTY FALCON – Stuck on a tricky level? Earn stars and call the Mighty Falcon to rain down the destruction. New goals, achievements and gameplay!
- PATH OF THE JEDI – The ultimate training ground for a Young Jedi, this in-app purchase unlocks 40 Dagobah Challenge Levels with Jedi Master Yoda! Master the Path of the Jedi to unlock the ultimate lightsaber!