Sony is taking its love for water-resistant smartphones to newer levels with the newly announced Sony Xperia ZR. This 4.6-inch Android smartphone is specced lower than its predecessor, Sony Xperia Z, but betters it in terms of water resistance.
Sony Xperia ZR is waterproof upto 1.5m (5 feet) and allows underwater photography. Users can capture their underwater adventures in full HD quality with HDR in video or 13-megapixel stills thanks to the Exmor RS image sensor. They are even teasing this unique capability through a couple of stunning videos embedded below.
Sony Xperia ZR Specifications
- 4.6″ HD Reality display
- 1280 x 720p resolution, ~319 ppi
- Sony Mobile Bravia Engine 2
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- microSD, up to 32 GB
- 2,330 mAh Battery
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- 13.1 megapixel rear camera with Exmor RS sensor
- 4G LTE
So we now have three smartphones under Xperia Z line –
- Xperia Z : 1080p with water resistant and dust proof
- Xperia ZL : 1080p without water resistant and dust proof
- Xperia ZR : 720 p with water proof.
The Xperia ZR will launch in various global markets from Q2 2013 and prices are yet to be announced.