Taking care of your dog, whether it’s a puppy or a grown-up canine, is a responsible job. You have to make sure your pet is healthy, that he gets his meals on time and that you also spend time with him. While some of just love the sight of their dogs and they want to be near them, others want to train them, so they can be true companions.
If you want to train your dog, or just to properly take care of him, there are gadgets to help with that as well. In the list below you will find a good diversity of dog training gadgets. We’ve tried to compile a collection of gadgets to help you first of all train your dog, but also have fun with him.
Best Dog Training Gadgets
The No Bark Dog Collar by Dogtra is one of the best anti-barking collar training gadgets to get for your dog. It will gently “buzz” your dog when it will sense vibrations coming from your dog’s vocal cords. The receiver won’t be a burden for your dog, as it weighs 7.5 ounces. There are 7 different intensity levels and a LED battery life indicator. You can even train your dog in the rain as this dog training gadget is fully waterproof. For $80, you also get a yapper stopper with collar strap, a rechargeable battery, charger, test tool, and a owner’s manual.
Your dog needs to have his own place to sleep and rest after training sessions. The Firstrax Port-A-Crate E2 Pet Home from PetNation is one of the best options you have for that. Its design makes it suitable for indoor or outdoor placement. For only $25 (20-inch model), you get a lightweight dog home with tightly weaved mesh fabric panels that are surrounded by extra-strong steel frame. There are more dimensions available, ranging from 16-inch to 36-inch for larger dogs.
The Radio Systems In-Ground Fence Electronic Pet Containment & Bark Control is a dog training gadget that is designed for “stubborn” and “hard to train” dogs. It comes with 5 intense correction levels and is considered ideal for larger dogs that are over 30 pounds. The surface covered is .33 acres, so don’t rely on this if you have a huge court. For $170, down from the initial price of $230, you get a waterproof receiver, 500 feet of wire, 50 boundary flags, transmitter, manual, and an installation DVD.
Just as the name suggests, the Pavlovian Puppy Potty Trainer from Hammacher Schlemmer, the company reputed for selling awesome dog training products, is a gadget to help you train your puppy. Selling for $100, it will recognizes when a pet has relieved itself properly, and will dispense a reward to encourage good habits. How about getting Best Electric Dog Fence This is a true Internet of Things device as it works on its own, relying on its sensors to detect moisture; after that it will send a wireless signal to the food dispenser and your dog’s “effort” will be rewarded with a delicious treat.
Another smart dog training tool is iFetch, but it’s more of a entertainment gadget, than one meant for training, as it works without the human inference and can be used by the dog himself. It’s basically a ball launcher similar to the machines that shoot tennis balls for tennis players. This ingenious dog gadget runs on batteries and teaches your dog to fetch and return in a smart way. It was crowdfunded on Kickstarter but they have ran out of orders, however, it is expected to cost around $80.
The Sportdog Field Trainer is professional dog training gadget that could be used by those participating in contest or just who take in serious their dog training activity. It comes with a signal range of up to 500 yards which makes it ideal for training your dog in the yard, field or even for hunting purposes. The transmitter and receiver are not only waterproof but also submersible, if you want to go underwater. From the remote transmitter you can control 3 dogs in the same time. But at $170, down from $288, this is a dog training gadget for the pros.
Slightly cheaper than the Sportdog Field trainer at $140, down from $200, the Easypet Remote Trainer is also a dog training gadget meant to be used by experienced trainers. You will be able to train up to 3 dogs from one transmitter with a range of up to 1000 meters. The collar receivers are fully waterproof and submersible and you can also adjust them to fit the neck of your dog, no matter how big or small he is. It also comes with 50 groups of warning tones +10 levels of vibration and 99 levels of static stimulation.
Just like iFetch, Petcube was also born thanks to the crowdfunding community from Kickstarter. This is a dog gadget to keep playing with your canine even while you are away. Through the mobile app that connects to the smart cube, you watch, talk and even play laser games with your dog or cat. It is currently selling for only $100 on Kickstarter but its commercial price when launched is going to be $200, so hurry up!
Other useful gadgets to help you tend to your dog
- PetSafe Pawz Away – sometimes your dog goes to places in your house or in your court that he should stay away from. The PetSafe Pawz Away Instant Pet Barrier is two-devices system composed of a collar and a small receiver that you place near the place where you don’t want your dog sticking his nose. It now retails for $60, down from $80.
- FURminator De-Shedding Tool for Dogs – with an impressive rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Amazon, obtained from more than 3000 reviews, the, the FURminator De-Shedding Tool for Dogs should be your first choice when thinking of buying something to reduce the shedding of your dog. Its price is currently $24, down from $53
- StarMark Clicker Dog Training System – clicking sounds are essential in training your dog, and StarMark‘s product is cheap at only $6 and very useful. You can attach this dog clicker gadget to your keychain or lanyard and it also comes with a step-by-step training guide.
- Mammoth XT High Visibility LED Flashing Tag Pendant Collar – if your dog got lost in your yard or near your house, it’s easy to find him in the dark with this flashing and blinking light that the Mammoth XT High Visibility LED Collar makes. And for only $3, it’s quite the bargain!
- PetSafe Electronic Ped Feeder – some of you, like myself, didn’t even know what that an electronic pet feeder existed. PetSafe has one and it comes with five cup-capacity chambers where you can store food. It operates on batteries and has secure latching lid, an easy-to-set digital timer and a dishwasher-safe food tray. Your for $45, down from $60.
- Tagg Tracker – the Tagg Tracker is a GPS tracking device that we have included in a previous list with the best pet tracker devices. The GPS gadget is available for $100, it comes with 3 months of service and after that, you will have to pay $8 per month for the dog tracking service
- LeashPlus – when talking your dog for a walk in the park, you must take your leash with you, just to make sure he doesn’t run away or get into fight with other dogs. The LeashPlus isn’t an ordinary one, as it comes with quite a lot of extra tools – pop-up water bowl, storage bin for food or treats, baggie receptacle with waste bags, LED safety flashlight, LCD clock with date and time and a locking button for the 16 foot retractable leash. Yours for $20.
- Igloo-Style Heated Dog Pad – you want to make sure your dog stays warm all the time, right? Then you need to use K&H Lectro-Kennel Igloo-Style Heated Pad, available for $82 on Amazon, down from $105. It comes with a half-round shape and an internal thermostat