That was quick! Well known member of the iOS jailbreaking community, evasi0n, has released the untethered jailbreaking tool for iOS 7 devices, dubbed evasi0n7. The team behind evasi0n claims that the new iOS 7 jailbreak tool is compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4, and is available for both Mac OS X and Windows PC users.
evasi0n claims that the untethered jailbreaking is so simple that it needs just 5 minutes of your time. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes before you go ahead and jailbreak your iOS device. Below are the instructions to jailbreak your iOS 7 device as mention on evasi0n website.
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete.
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
As always, a general disclaimer: Jailbreaking your iOS device voids the warranty and you should proceed only if you’re aware of what you’re doing.
The complete set of ioS 7 devices supported by evasi0n7 include iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini 2 and iPod Touch 5
Download evasi0n7 – iOS 7 Jailbreak tool
We shall be updating the article with bugs/issues (if any) with the evasi0n7 tool.