Alcatel is eying the emerging Indian mobile market and for that, the company know for its affordable products, has just announced the Alcatel One Touch Idol X+ smartphone. The device has been unveiled at the beginning of this year at CES in Las Vegas and is already present in some countries across the world. Now, it gets released for Indian consumers, being priced at Rs 16,999 (around $288). Let’s have a look at its technical specifications:
- 5 inch Full HD IPS display, 1080×1920 pixels of resolution and pixel density of 441ppi
- Octa Core 2 GHz processor made by MediaTek
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of built-in storage
- 13.1 MP Full HD rear camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 MP front camera
- 8.1mm thin, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 screen
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Hi-Fi sound
- 2500mAh battery – up to 27 hours of talk time and 650 hours of standby time on 2G
- Connectivity – 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
Mr. Albert Wong, a representative for Alcatel One Touch, said the following:
At Alcatel One Touch we have been constantly innovating our products. Idol X+ is a smartphone that will change the way smartphones are being used today. We have included a health Boomband for users who are health conscious. We are looking at strengthening our smartphone retail with exclusive partnerships with online and offline retail stores.
The smartphone also comes with stereo FM radio and has dual-SIM capabilities. The Alcatel One Touch Idol X+ can be purchased from June 3 exclusively via Flipkart. What’s cool is that buyers will also get Boomband and JBL headphones. Considering the price that it carries, we must say that both the specs and looks of the smartphone are quite decent and it has chances of proving to be successful with consumers.