If you own a Xbox One or even a Xbox 360 gaming console and looking for some more entertainment, we have some good news for you. The Xbox team has announced that its app catalog will increase by nearly 25%, to a total of more than 225 apps around the world. Thus, more than 45 new entertainment apps are coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 globally, some of the most popular ones being an optimized-for-TV Twitter integration, Vine, HBO GO, ShowTime Anytime, Comedy Central, Major League Gaming (MLG) and others.
Many new apps coming for US and international Xbox users this year
Here are some other important apps, along with the countries where they are going to be available and the Xbox version:
- EPIX. Xbox One: US
- Fox Play. Xbox One: MX, BR. Xbox 360: MX, BR, AR, CO, CH
- FXNOW. Xbox 360: US
- HBO GO. Xbox One: US: Xbox 360: MX, BR, AR, CO, CH
- iHeartRadio. Xbox One: US
- KDrama. Xbox One: AU, AT, BR, CA, DE, ES, FR, IE, IT, MX, NZ, UK, US. Xbox 360: AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DK, FI, FR, DE, GR, HK, HU, IN, IE, IL, IT, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, RU, SA, SG, SK, ZA, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, AE, UK, US
- MLG. Xbox One: US, UK, CA, AU
- MOVIEPLEX Play. Xbox One: US
- MTV. Xbox One: US
- NBA. Xbox One: AT, AU, BR, CA, FR, DE, IE, IT, MX, ES, NZ, UK, US
- NHL. Xbox One: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, AU, BR, AT, NZ, IR. Xbox 360: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, JP, AU, BR, NL, SE, RU, TW, PL, IN, HK, TR, BE, AT, NZ, SA, AR, NO, CH, SG, ZA, IR, DK, CO, CL, FI, CZ, HU, IL, GR, PT, SK
- Sky News. Xbox One: UK, IE, US, CA. Xbox 360: UK, IE, US, CA
- Sky Online. Xbox One: IT
- TuneIn. Xbox One: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, AU, BR, AT, NZ, IR
- USA Now. Xbox One: US
- VEO. Xbox One: MX. Xbox 360: MX
- Vine. Xbox One: US
The announcement has been made in anticipation of the Xbox E3 Briefing which will take place on Monday, June 9. That’s when some of these apps will be showcased and exact release dates will be made available. Speaking of the expansion, Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President at Devices and Studios at Microsoft, said the following
Xbox fans are spending more time than ever on the console, spending more than five hours a day on Xbox One. Today as we announce new commitments from dozens of our partners, including deep integration with experiences like Twitter and Vine, we hit an important milestone in our journey to deliver unique experiences on Xbox. We’re thrilled to break new ground in social TV experiences like we’re doing with Twitter on Xbox One.
What’s really impressive is that there are many apps which were initially US-only and now have been made available to more countries across the globe. This has been one of the biggest letdowns and disappointments with Xbox users, but not anymore. Which is the app that you have been expecting the most?