We’ve seen Samsung launch the much-awaited Galaxy S5 at the Mobile World Congress this year and today the company has announced its smaller brother – the Galaxy S5 Mini. Unfortunately, the slightly smaller smartphone also comes with dumbed down tech specs. As a matter of fact, lately, more OEMs are releasing Mini versions of their flagship smartphone with lower specs. Let’s see what are those of the Galaxy S5 Mini.
Tech specs and features of the Galaxy S5 Mini
- Display – 4.5” HD (720 x 1280) Super AMOLED
- Processor – Quad Core 1.4 GHz
- Memory – 1.5 GB RAM + 16GB Internal memory, microSD Slot (up to 64 GB)
- OS – Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Camera – Main (Rear): 8.0 MP AF with LED Flash, (Front): 2.1MP (FHD)
- IP67 Dust and Water Resistant
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Digital compass, Gyro, Proximity, Hall, Ambient light, Fingerprint, Heart rate sensor
- Dimension – 131.1 x 64.8 x 9.1mm, 120g
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC (LTE ver. only), Bluetooth® v4.0 LE, USB 2.0, A-GPS + GLONASS, IR Remote
- Battery – 2,100mAh
JK Shin, CEO and Head of IT & Mobile Communication at Samsung Electronics, said the following:
We always strive to develop devices that appeal to a range of consumer tastes and styles. The Galaxy S5 mini allows consumers to enjoy the iconic design and essential and useful features of the Galaxy S5 through a maximized minimalism approach.
The Galaxy S5 Mini comes with a lot specific software features from Samsung like the Ultra Power Saving mode, S Health, a Private Mode/Kids Mode, and special camera features – Shot & More, Virtual Tour Shot and S Studio. The Galaxy S5 Mini will be available in Russia starting early this month, but its pricing hasn’t been made available yet. Also, plans related to the global rollout of the device aren’t known at the moment.