Xiaomi, the fast growing company from China has kickstarted the Indian operations with an official launch event in New Delhi, where it launched the Xiaomi Mi3 flagship smartphone for Rs. 14,999. The phone will be sold exclusively on Flipkart, India’s biggest e-commerce company, where users can pre-order starting today for Rs.13,999 till July 31st.
The Xiaomi Mi3 was launched almost 9 months back in China, but it still carries with some stunning hardware like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.3GHz, 2GB of RAM, 5-inch IPS Full HD display, a 13MP rear camera and 3050mAh battery. The Mi3 carries flash storage from Sandisk, batteries from LG and Samsung, and camera from Sony.
The phone is around 8.1mm thin and isn’t the lightest one in class at about 145 grams, but it carries an aluminum-magnesium alloy frame, coated with 3 layers of thermal graphite, which should please a lot of people. The phone will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Xiaomi’s own MIUI skin on top of it.
Xiaomi Mi3 Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- Size: 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 skin on top of Android 4.4.2
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
Xiaomi also announced that they plan to have over 500 service centers in the country, but right now they will have 36 service care centers across 20 cities in India, with 2 exclusive centers in Delhi and Bangalore.
The phone will be available to pre-order on Flipkart for Rs.13,999. The registration starts today and will go on sale on July 22nd. We shall soon be getting our hands on the review unit, so watch out for a series of videos and articles. The Redmi 1S and Redmi Note will go on sale in coming days. Also, the Xiaomi Mi4 is expected to launch on July 22nd in China, and might come to India in a few weeks from the launch.