The LG G3 is an impressive smartphone that has plenty of useful specs and features, and that’s why the company has decided to bank on its name by releasing the LG G3 Beat. While most of LG’s fans were looking forward to the launch of the LG G3 Mini, it seems that the South Korean company has prepared a nice surprise with this unexpected release.
The G3 Beat sports a 5.0-inch thin-bezel IPS HD display with a screen-to-body ratio of 74.1% at a lower resolution of 1280×720 as compared to G3’s QHD display. However, it does retain laser auto focus technology, touch and shoot, gesture shot, smart keyboard, and QuickMemo+ from the LG G3. It comes with the same design language with smooth curved sides and tapered edges. Here are the main specs and features of the devices:
- Processor – Qualcomm®Snapdragon™ 400 processor 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Display – 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi)
- Memory – 8GB / 1GB RAM / MicroSD slot
- Camera – Rear 8MP with Laser Auto Focus / Front 1.3MP
- Battery – 2,540mAh (removable)
- Operating System – Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size and weight – 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm, 134 g
- Network and connectivity – 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G); Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
- Colors – Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, said the following:
Smartphone manufacturers cannot ignore this growing segment of consumers who want the best balance of looks, features, performance and, of course, price. The LG G3 Beat represents our commitment to the mid-tier smartphone market that demands mature technology, proven branding, great innovation and attractive price, all in a single device.
The guys over at Webtrickz have compiled a useful comparison with the LG G3, because obviously, that’s the first device that you need to compare it with.
LG’s G3 Beat will debut on July 18 in South Korea and will begin its global rollout from Europe and the CIS countries shortly after. For Indian customers LG G3 will be launching in India on 21st July, and we will be there to attend it.