The Indian market is getting a lot of love from Huawei, who has been recently launching new devices mainly for budget buyers, such as the Honor Play 4 or the Huawei Honor 6. The new Honor Holly has been priced at INR 6,999 (which is about $114) and is said to go on sale beginning October 16, which, by the way, among others, is the same day when the new iPads are said to be released.
The Honor Holly will also exclusively retail at Flipkart.com, so don’t look for it elsewhere. Let’s have a look at its main tech specs:
- 5-inch 720p HD display, offering a pixel density of 294ppi
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage
- 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with LED flash and Samsung BSI sensor; various modes such as panoramic mode, beauty mode, HDR mode, continuous shot, and scene mode
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 2000 mAh battery
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor, probably from MediaTek
- Android 4.4 with Emotion UI
- 3G, Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
The Huawei Holly will compete against such device as Xiaomi Redmi 1S, Asus Zenfone 4.5, Moto E and the Android One smartphones. Huawei is one of the most aggressive companies to attack the low-end segment of the market and with news that even OnePlus will be coming to India, it will be an interesting fight to observe.
Update: Huawei Honor Holly is now available for sale on Flipkart at Rs.6999, and comes with a free 8GB microSD card.