Just as it was expected, Microsoft has announced their first smartphone under the Microsoft Lumia brand for the Indian market. The Dual SIM Microsoft Lumia 535 smartphone comes in cyan, bright green, bright orange, white, dark grey and black colors and will be available across India from November 28th. Let’s have a look at its tech specs:
- 5-inch (960 x 540 pixels) IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- 5MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash, f/2.4 aperture, 28mm lens along with a 5MP front-facing camera with wide angle 24mm lens, f/2.4 aperture
- 8.8 mm thin and 146 grams weight
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / aGPS
- 1905 mAh battery
The Microsoft Lumia 535 was initially estimated to cost around 110 euros ($130) before taxes and subsidies. The handset is going to retail for a price of Rs. 9199 ($148) for Indian customers, and even if we’re talking about an affordable Windows Phone device, it somehow feels pricey. This feeling is mostly generated by the plethora of affordable Android device that have flooded the market.
The Microsoft Lumia 535 also gets 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage, which will prove to be really useful for all those pictures you’re hopefully going to take.
The Windows Phone handset will also get a special cover that will allow its owners to store credit cards. The Lumia 535 also supports Bluetooth LE and can connect to the Portable Wireless Speaker and Coloud Bang accessories.