Back in January we were sharing with you the news that Microsoft launched its latest affordable Windows Phone devices – the Lumia 532 and Lumia 435. And now Microsoft India has made them available for local customers, as well. And the great news is that their pricing is just slightly more than it was announced when the handsets were first launched.
Thus, the Lumia 532 will retail for 6.499 rupees and the Lumia 435 for 5,999. As a reminder, let’s have a look at the main specs and features of these devices, to see what you will be getting for your buck. The phones are said to be rolling out soo and will be available in single and dual SIM variants.
Microsoft Lumia 532
- 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 by 800
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 5 MP main camera with a 0.3 MP secondary one
- 1,560 mAh battery
- 8 GB of internal storage with microSD card slot support up to 128 GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11n
- 11.6 mm thick and weighs 136.3 grams
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim enhancements, Glance Screen functionality
- Here Maps, Microsoft’s Office suite, Outlook, Skype, and OneDrive pre-installed
- Up to 30GB of free OneDrive storage included
Microsoft Lumia 435
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200 processor
- 2 MP main camera
- 11.7 mm thick and weighs 134.1 grams
- 1560 mAh battery
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of memory expandable up to 128GB with micro-SD support
There are many more than decent low-end Android devices out there for Indian customers, and it will be really, really hard for Microsoft to compete with them. Windows 10 could be a potential help, but I personally think that it will take Microsoft more than this to put on a real fight. But let’s just wait and see how this unfolds.