The HTC One (M8) has received many positive reviews since it launched, and now the Taiwanese company is looking to follow up on that success with the next-generation HTC One M9 smartphone. As the alleged release date of the device is approaching fast, we have decided to put together most of the ‘sane’ rumors, hearsay and leaks that we could find. So, without further ado, let’s have a look at this roundup and form an opinion on how the device could look and behave like.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core chipset inside made up of a 2GHz quad-core Cortex A57 running alongside a 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A53 setup along with 3GB of RAM
- Same size as the HTC One M8 – 144.3 x 69.4 x 9.56 mm
- 5-inch 1080p (1920 x 1080) display
- 32 or 64GB of storage
- 20.7-megapixel camera and a dual LED flash along with a 4-megapixel UltraPixel camera on the front
- BoomSound speakers, Dolby Technologies Dolby 5.1 audio technology
- Bluetooth 4.1, support for VoLTE, Carrier Aggregation and LTE Category 6 speeds, improved WiFi thanks to a better chip
- 2,840mAh battery, slight upgrade from the 2,600mAh on the M8
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sense 7
Looks and design
A German website has leaked a couple of images which are allegedly depicting the HTC One M9. The press shots are also accompanied by a description of its specs and hardware, which are pretty much on par with previous information. Also, it seems that the HTC One M9 will come in 3 color versions – front-dark gunmetal/back-dark gunmetal, front-gold/back-silver and front-gold/back-gold.
By looking at these pics, it’s pretty hard to tell what’s different from the previous generation. Phandroid also has a couple of pictures, saying that HTC moved the power button from the top of the device to the right side. Even if it’s a small change, it will make it much easier to turn on/off the device. The volume rocker and power buttons have been moved to be lower on the right edge of the device.
To remind you, HTC has sent out invitations for the HTC One M9 launch event, which will be held on 1 March 2015. So, there are only a few days left until we will be able to confirm the specs and features of the smartphone. TechPP will be there for the launch event and be sure to tune in on March 1st for more details.
Update: frequent Android leaker @UpLeaks has shown off few videos which clearly shows the HTC One M9 in great detail
The first video reveals a thorough overview of the M9. The phone looks very much like the One M8, but has a two-tone metal body. A new front camera uses UltraPixel tech for optimal low-light shooting, and a rear-facing 20 megapixel delivers more detail and resolution.
The second video shows of the software features of HTC One M9 including a photo capture and theming example. There are more personalization options in Sense 7 and new meal recommendations built into BlinkFeed.
The last video shows off the camera prowess of HTC One M9, in a variety of lighting conditions.