Indian phone manker Lava International has unveiled the Icon smartphone, which it promotes as being as being part of the ‘premium’ market of phones. It does come with a few interesting features and its price of around 12,000 rupees makes it affordable but puts it into a fierce battle with other star devices within this price range.
The Icon comes with a premium metallic construction and has a glass finish on the back panel. We didn’t manage yet to have a hands-on experience with the device, but it should feel pretty good, by the looks of it. The handset is somewhat thin, measuring 7.7 mm and weighing 143 grams. Let’s have a look at some more specs:
- Front camera is 5 megapixels with an Omni Vision sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 4-element lens and a BSI-II sensor with blue glass filter (protects the sensitive image sensor against overexposure in the infrared wavelength range)
- Maine camera is 13 megapixels with dual-LED flash, a Sony EXMOR sensor with 5-element lens and a blue glass filter; records Full HD (1080p)
- 5-inch 720p with Asahi Dragontrail Glass for resistance against scratches
- 1.3 GHz Quad Core ARM Mali 400 MP2 processor and 2GB of RAM
- Star OS built on Android 4.4
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Micro-USB, and Bluetooth, dual-SIM (Micro-SIM)
- 2500mAh Li-Pol battery – up to 20 hours of talk time on 2G and up to 9 hours of talktime on 3G
Navin Chawla, Vice President & Head Product, Lava International, said the following regarding the product:
In line with our constant endeavour to offer products with great value to the consumers, we are delighted to announce the launch of our new premium smartphone – Icon. This is a beautifully designed product with a high quality camera featuring Sony Exmor sensor and other in built features. This marks the beginning a new segment for Lava smartphones wherein we will be coming up with a new range of experience driven devices.
The phone will be available at selected retail stores in India and online you will be able to buy it exclusively on Snapdeal.com starting from today.