Indian company Micromax has released a brand new smartphone for the quickly evolving low-end segment of the mobile market. Going by the full name of Canvas Spark Q-380, the new device is available exclusively on Snapdeal for a price of just Rs 4,999 (around $80). Interested buyers can register on the commercing website starting 12:00 pm on 22 April, to book their smartphone.
Naturally, the price of this handset is its standout feature, but you need to have a look at all its specs and features before deciding this is the right device for you. So, here’s how the specs sheet looks like for the product:
- 4.7-inch (540×960) qHD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android Lollipop 5.0
- Comes with 21 language support through Reverie
- 16m colour depth
- 1.3 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor (supporting both 900 and 2100 MHz 3G bands)
- Mediatek MT6582M chipset
- 134 grams, 8.5 mm thicknes
- 8MP AF rear camera with M8 Largan lens, OV sensor 8858 and Flash; 2MP FF front camer; face beauty mode in rear and front camera
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM; 8GB ROM (expandable memory of up to 32GB)
- 2000 mAh battery providing a backup of 335 hours on standby mode
- Pre-loaded apps – Hotstar, Newshunt, Saavn, Snapdeal, PayTm, Quikr
Vineet Taneja, CEO at Micromax, said the following regarding the launch
Around 70mn Indians are upgrading to smartphone annually driven by the need to get connected to mobile internet. If we look at the current scenario, only 2mn smartphones sold monthly are under Rs 5,000/- vs. over 10mn feature phones which presents a huge opportunity to upgrade through a new offering. Today’s launch reaffirms our commitment to make technology accessible for everyone, and introducing more people to the best of the connected world
Kunal Bahl, co-Founder & CEO at Snapdeal, also shared his input:
Mobile is driving and will continue to drive the next wave of digital commerce growth in the country. The availability of affordable smartphones is one of the key factors fuelling this growth. With their range of affordable power packed smartphones, Micromax has emerged as a leader in this product segment. Our partnership with Micromax has been long standing and we are excited to be partnering with them on the launch of their latest offering.
The Canvas Spark will be available in a choice of two colours – white & gold and silver & grey (a bit confusing here, but still, they claim these are two colors only). By the looks of it, this seems to be the right kind of smartphone a first-time user would be looking for. It comes with decent specs and looks, and it is being released under a domestic banner, so that could play well in the case of ‘patriotic’ buyers.