Back in the middle of the previous month, ZTE announced the new Nubia family of products for the booming Indian mobile market. The Nubia brand debuted exclusively on Amazon India with the Z9 Mini, and now the Chinese company has released the Blade QLux 4G handset also on Amazon India.
The handset is currently listed on Amazon.in with a price of Rs. 4,999 (around $78), and is another entry into the aggressive low-end segment of the mobile market. The device does have a very hard-to-beat price, but even at less than $80, there are still plenty of decent phones out there for it to compete against. Here’s how the specs sheet for the Blade QLux 4G looks like:
- 8MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera
- 4.5-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with 854 x 480 pixels resolution and 240 ppi pixel density
- Android v4.4 KitKat operating system (upgradable to v5 Lollipop)
- 1.3GHz MediaTek quad core processor, 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB and 4G dual SIM
- 2200mAH lithium-ion battery providing talk-time of 11 hours 40 minutes on 2G, 9 hours 40 minutes on 3G networks and standby time of 250 hours
ZTE allows users to customize the back key and menu key of the smartphone. The phone also comes with a special Airtel offer which lets you double your data for free, an offer valid for two nonths and available on 3G and 4G data. The device weighs 154 grams and at least judging from press pictures, it has a pleasant design. The phone competes with the likes of InFocus M2 and Moto E (first gen) at this price. Stay tuned for our hands on and detailed review in coming days.