Chinese phonemaker Oppo has officially announced the Mirror 5, a smartphone which comes with a unique design that will attract the attention of fashion lovers. The handset comes with a unique surface on its back made up of reflective cut-glass segments designed to mimic the pattern of a diamond.
The unique back has been designed with individual cut-glass sections and different reflective tendencies, Oppo saying that all were crafted using a sophisticated ultraviolet embossing technique. The smartphone comes in Ivory White and Midnight Blue color options. There’s no doubt that this is one gorgeous device, but let’s have a look what the rest of its specs:
- ColorOS 2.1, Oppo’s custom skin based on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 410 SoC
- 5.0 inch 960×540 qHD display
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage
- 8MP camera at the back with a 1.4um pixel size, and a 5MP camera at the front (special features – double exposure shots, time-lapse videos and GIFs)
- 2,420mAh non-removable battery and dual-SIM functionality
Oppo also claims that it has included a “bi-metallic frame and cross beams” inside its device for increased strength and durability. The device has a 7.65 mm thickness and weighs 160 grams.
The smartphone will be available in over 15 international markets, including South Asia, Southeast Asia, Middle East, North Africa, and Mexico. The company also mention that it will release an LTE-able version of the device in Taiwan, Singapore and Australia in the near future, dubbed the Mirror 5s.
At the moment we aren’t aware of the official price and release date of neither of the models, but we’ll update once Oppo provides this information.