Lenovo’s Zuk series has been gaining a lot of attention in the premium hyper performance segment. The Zuk devices are known to be priced at an affordable price point and yet offer class leading features including top of the line hardware. Lenovo’s Zuk has now announced Zuk Edge (spotted earlier on AnTuTu benchmarks) which comes powered by Snapdragon 821 and sports an extremely thin set of bezels.
The 5.5-inch FHD display offers a screen-to-body ratio of 86.4% thanks to the 1.63mm frame. The device draws its power from Snapdragon 821 paired with 4GB/6GB of RAM. On the storage front, Zuk Edge offers 64GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage. The device is packed with other features including a heart rate sensor, UV Sensor, Altimeter and a U-Touch fingerprint sensor that it quite nicely tucked away under the glass and promises to unlock the phone in a matter of 0.09 seconds. The heart rate sensor at the back is capable of measuring blood oxygen levels and comes wrapped with 2.5D curved glass.
Camera setup on the Zuk Edge consists of a 13-Megapixel primary sensor with LED flash, 1.12nm, f/2.2 and 8-Megapixel front-facing the camera with f/2.2. It is typical of Lenovo to have rendered a special touch on the audio front and as a result, the Zuk Edge bakes in Dirac HD Sound for Hi-Fi Audio and a traditional 3.5mm audio jack. The Edge is backed by a 3,100 mAh battery supporting Quick Charge 3.0 and runs Android 7.0 Nougat flavored with ZUI 2.5.
Zuk Edge Specifications
- 5.5-inch FHD display, 2.5D curved glass, 86.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 paired with Adreno 530, 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB UFS 2.0 internal storage
- Fingerprint Sensor, Heart rate sensor with Oxygen Level monitor, UV Sensor, Altimeter
- 13-Megapixel Primary sensor with LED Flash, PDAF, CAF and 8-Megapixel secondary sensor.
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB Type C
- Android Nougat with ZUI 2.5
- 3,100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Connectivity features on the phone include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS and USB Type-C. The Zuk Edge will be made available in Ceramic White and Titanium Black colors and is priced at 2299 Yuan ($330) for the 4GB RAM variant and 2,499 ($360) Yuan for the 6GB RAM variant. Lenovo has also readied a custom Lee Min Ho edition called the Zuk Edge L and this will be available starting from January 1st.