LeEco and Coolpad’s collaborative smartphone has been finally brought to India. Titled the Cool1, the handset features a dual-camera setup on the back as the name suggests and a massive 4060mAh battery underneath. The rest of the specifications are quite standard, however, the price will play a key role in its success.
To begin with, the Cool1 sports a shiny metallic unibody with chamfered edges and a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS panel up front with a sufficient 450 nits brightness. Under the hood, it is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 652 Octa-Core SoC (4 cores clocked at 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + 4 cores at 1.2GHz A53), 3/4GB of LPDDR3 RAM, Adreno 510 GPU, 32 (eMMC5.1) internal storage without the support for a MicroSD card and a 4060 mAh battery pack with fast charging (Quick Charge 2.0). On the software side, the association has opted for LeEco’s EUI 5.6 layered on top of Android Marshmallow.
The camera arrangement, though, is the most compelling section of the Cool1. It includes a dual 13MP f/2.0 lens for creating natural (using hardware, not software) bokeh effects, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording, and an 8MP f/2.2 80-degree wide-angle lens up front. Also interesting to note, it does sport a 3.5mm headphone jack, unlike LeEco’s latest generation smartphones. Additionally, there’s a glass fingerprint scanner on the back, dual-SIM support, 4G LTE, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth v4.1, and a USB Type-C port on the bottom.
Coolpad Cool1 will be available in three colors – Gold, Silver at a starting price of Rs 13,999 for the 4GB RAM+32GB variant, it will go on sale from January 5th exclusively on Amazon. On the other hand, the 3GB RAM variant will be available offline at the same price sometime later.
Coolpad Cool1 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS, 450nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 Octa-Core processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs), Adreno 510 GPU
- 3/4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, EUI 5.6 custom skin
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 13MP dual setup, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.2 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 152 × 74.8 × 8.2mm; Weight: 167g
- 4G, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type C
- 4,060mAh battery with fast charging (Quick Charge 2.0)