Meizu has announced M5s, the successor for last years Meizu M3s at an event in China. The smartphone has a unibody design and comes with mTouch 2.1 fingerprint that is housed in the home button. Design-wise the phone looks very similar to the M3s and retails in Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold and Star Grey colors.
Meizu M5s houses a 5.2-inch HD display with 2.5D curved glass and offers a contrast ratio of 1000:1. Under the hood lies a 1.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor along with a Mali-T760 and a 3GB RAM. On the storage front, the device offers a choice between 16GB/32GB of storage. The Meizu M5s runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is flavored with Flyme OS 6.0.
Meizu M5s Specifications
- 5.2-inch HD Display with 2.5D curved glass, contrast ratio 1000:1
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 with Mali-T760 and 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB Storage expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-Megapixel Primary Sensor with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 5P lens and 5-Megapixel Secondary Sensor with f/2.0
- Front Fingerprint sensor, Metal Unibody design
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS GLONASS and Hybrid Dual SIM slot
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 with Flyme OS
- 3000mAh battery supports fast charging
The camera setup on this phone includes a 13-Megapixel primary sensor with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2, 5P lens and a 5-Megapixel secondary sensor with f/2.0. The Meizu M5s is backed by a 3000mAh battery that supports fast charging and charges up to 56% in a matter of 36 minutes. Connectivity features include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS GLONASS and Hybrid Dual SIM slot. The Meizu M5s 16GB variant is priced at 799 yuan ($118/ Rs 7990) while the 32GB variant is priced at 999 yuan ($145/ Rs 9700) and it will start selling in China from February 20th onwards.