Along with a series of statistics about Jio’s usage in the past six months, and the announcement of finally ending the free data offer, Mukesh Ambani also announced a new offer primarily for the existing customers – Jio Prime Membership. The package will essentially, allow subscribers to benefit from the “Happy New Year offer” for an additional year, i.e. till March 31st, 2018.
Here’s everything you need to know about it.
- The Prime membership will cost merely Rs 99 for the entire year, this doesn’t include the monthly rental, though. So consider this as the registration fee which needs to be renewed every year.
- Per month, you’ll be required to pay Rs 303, which is roughly Rs 10 per day (Rs 3735 for 1 year).
- The benefits under this offer are entirely similar to the Happy New Year extension Jio announced a couple of months back.
- Therefore, you will be allowed to spend 1GB of high-speed 4G data every day, after which speeds will be reduced to 128kbps.
- Domestic calls and SMS will be entirely free of cost here as stated by Reliance earlier.
- Furthermore, you’ll be able to use all the entertainment services Jio provides for watching movies, TV shows, magazines, music, and a whole lot more worth Rs 10,000. Please note that the data consumed for these apps are NOT zero-rated and hence come under the 1GB per day limit.
- There will be additional deals and offers from Jio and partners (like Uber, Samsung etc) exclusively for Jio Prime members
- You can apply for Prime membership either at any of Jio’s approved retail stores or via MyJio app or on its official website, starting March 1st, 2017
- You are required to have a Jio SIM activated before March 31st in order to subscribe for the Prime membership.
While the offer does sound tempting considering what it offers and compared to other operators, Jio’s network still hasn’t reached a reliable state. Calls especially are difficult to connect and even when they do, there’s unnecessary disturbance throughout the session. But then, with the free data offer ending on March 31st, we can expect the load on their servers to reduce and hence improve the experience for the paying customers.
You can obviously, opt for any other plan which themselves are quite decent for the price. Read all about the Jio Tariff plans here.