Vivo has launched yet another smartphone under its Y series in India and this time, it’s called the Vivo Y66. The cornerstone of this device like most other Vivo-branded handsets is the beefed up front camera sporting a resolution of 16MP along with a soft flash for those night out selfies.
In terms of specifications, it features the standard metal unibody design with the Vivo logo on the back and capacitive touch buttons on the front. There’s a 5.5-inch 720p IPS 2.5D curved glass display, and the device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core 64-bit processor backed up by the Adreno 505 GPU for graphics. Furthermore, it features 3GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card, and a non-removable 3000mAh battery.
The camera arrangement includes a 13MP rear f/2.2 lens with a single LED flash and on the front, it comes with a 16MP shooter assisted by a soft flash. Additionally, Vivo has provided Android Marshmallow and their custom skin, Funtouch OS 3.0 for the software. Unfortunately, there’s no fingerprint scanner present here which is definitely quite bewildering considering the price Vivo is asking for here. There is, though, support for 4G VoLTE and Bluetooth v4.0.
The Vivo Y66 will be available in two colour options – Crown Gold and Rose Gold at a price of Rs. 14,990, sales for which commence from this month’s 20th across the country.
Vivo Y66 Specifications
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.6mm; Weight: 155g
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core Processor ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53), Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB onboard storage, MicroSD support up to 256GB
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Funtouch OS 3.0
- Rear Camera: 13MP, LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP, soft flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- 3000mAh non-removable battery