Lenovo, after successfully introducing the Moto G5 Plus in India, has now brought the smaller and cheaper Moto G5 which was originally announced back at this year’s Mobile World Congress. The Moto G5 comes with a similar aesthetic and will be available exclusively through Amazon starting midnight tonight at a price of Rs 11,999.
The Moto G5 features an aluminum build and uses a water-repellent coating (P2i) for protection against occasional spills and splashes. There’s a rather compact, 5-inch Full HD display present up front along with a pill-shaped fingerprint scanner underneath it. For the hardware, Moto has decided to go for Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core processor which is quite baffling given the Moto G4 is powered by a more capable Qualcomm 617 SoC. Perhaps, it could be for offering a prolonged battery life.
Furthermore, it is powered by the Adreno 505 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage which is expandable and a REMOVABLE 2800mAh battery (yes, you read that right!) that also supports quick charging. The circular camera arrangement located on the rear houses a 13MP sensor, dual-tone LED flash and a front-facing 5MP wide-angle OmniVision OV5693 sensor which should help while capturing selfies in low-light.
For the software, the G5 comes preloaded with Android Nougat with a few Moto apps and features including Moto Display, Actions, one-hand mode, twist gesture for launching the camera, and more. Additionally, if you want to, you can also disable Android’s on-screen buttons and use swiping gestures on the larger-than-usual fingerprint sensor instead. Lastly, the phone supports 4G LTE and Dual-SIM.
The Moto G5 will be available in two color options – “Lunar Gray” and “Fine Gold” from midnight today at a price of Rs 11,999. Amazon will also be offering Rs 1000 cashback for those who buy via Amazon Pay balance. Early buyers will also get a free 16GB microSD card and also an additional Rs 1000 cashback for HDFC card users.
The Moto G5 will be going head-on with Xiaomi’s Redmi squad and Lenovo’s own K6 series, however, with a significantly more reliable software and removable battery, we definitely expect this Moto to soar in the market as well.
Moto G5 Specifications
- Dimensions: 144.3x73x9.5 mm; Weight:144.5g
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display, Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core 64-bit Snapdragon 430 (MSM8937) processor clocked at 1.4GHz, Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- 13MP rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing OmniVision OV5693 sensor
- Water repellent nano-coating, Fingerprint sensor
- Removable 2800mAh battery with 10W rapid charging