ZTE has announced its next flagship to the Nubia line of smartphones with the launch of the highly-rumored and talked about, Nubia Z17. The new handset features everything you would demand from a high-end product and a whole lot more you wouldn’t. The most glaring aspect of the new Z17 is, of course, the almost bezel-less 5.5-inch Full HD display.
The Nubia Z17 also features a dual-camera setup on the rear that consists of a regular 23-megapixel f/1.8 shooter and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens that allows 2X optical zoom. On the front, you will find a 16MP f/2.0 wide-angle lens as well. Furthermore, the device runs on Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 processor along with a staggering 8 gigs of RAM (there’s a 6GB RAM variant also), Adreno 540 GPU, 64/128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage and a 3,200mAh non-removable battery that supports Quick Charge 4.0 which is capable of providing fifty percent in merely 25 minutes.
The smartphone, additionally, is compatible with Hi-Fi audio output, an IR blaster and comes with water and dust resistance (IP67 certification). Nubia has included Android Nougat out-of-the-box with their own Nubia UI 5.0 running on top of it. It features a few additional software tidbits including 3D Touch shortcuts, an AI-powered homescreen that suggests information based on your context and a couple more. The Z17 sports a fingerprint scanner as well, a USB Type-C port, and supports NFC. Unfortunately, there’s no headphone jack here.
The Nubia Z17 will be available in four color options – Black Gold, Soft Gold, Black, Blue, and Red. Prices start at 2799 Yuan (~$410 / Rs. 26,500) for the 6GB+64GB variant, 3399 Yuan (approx $500 / Rs. 32,000) for 6GB+128GB, and 3999 Yuan (approx $590 / Rs. 38,000) for 8GB+128GB. The device can be pre-order today, however, sales commence from next month’s 6th.
ZTE Nubia Z17 Specifications
- Dimensions: 152.60 x 72.38 x 7.60 mm; weighs 173 grams
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 0180 pixels) display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- 64-bit Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor, 10nm FinFET process
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4X RAM; 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage
- Rear Camera: 23MP + 12MP, Dual Pixel focus, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Sapphire glass protection, 2X optical zoom
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide angle lens
- 3200mAh battery, Quick Charge 4.0
- Dolby Atmos certified speaker, Hi-Fi audio output
- Fingerprint Scanner, IR blaster, IP67 certification
- NFC, USB Type-C
- Android Nougat 7.1.1, Nubia UI 5.0