Huawei has launched its latest flagship the Honor 9 at an event in China. The Honor 9 comes equipped with a 5.15-inch FHD display along with DCI-P3 color space. Powering the device is the HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset which also powers the Mate 9 and the P10. The chipset is paired with 6 GB of RAM and the device is offered in 64GB and 128GB storage variants, both featuring an expandable hybrid slot. Along with the Honor 9 the company has also debuted it’s very own mobile payment solution called the Huawei Pay.
The dual camera on the Huawei Honor 9 is made up of 12-Megapixel and 20-Megapixel sensor offering 2x optical zoom, portrait mode, laser autofocus and bokeh mode. However, the front camera is an 8-Megapixel unit. The Honor 9 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat flavored with EMUI 5.1. On the connectivity front, the Honor 9 offers 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C.
The fingerprint sensor is incorporated within the home button and the device is backed by a 3,200 mAh battery that supports fast charging. In order to enhance the audio output, Huawei has opted for the AKM Hi-Fi audio chip. The Honor 9 will be available in Blue, Amber Gold, Gray and Black colors. The 4GB/64GB variant is priced at 2299 yuan (Rs 21,711/$338), 6GB/64GB variant is priced at 2,699 yuan (Rs25,502/$396) while the top of the line 6GB/128Gb variant is priced at 2,999 yuan (Rs 28337/$441). Huawei has opened up the preorders for the Honor 9 and the device will start selling from 16 of June.
Huawei Honor 9 Specifications
- 5.15-inch FHD 2.5D curved glass
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960, i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- Primary dual camera setup includes 20-Megapixel Monochrome sensor+12-Megapixel RGB sensor
- 8-Megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0
- Fingerprint sensor, 3D Metal body
- Android Nougat 7.0 with EMUI 5.1
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C
- 3,200mAh battery with fast charging